"As a recipient of their services, I can't say enough good things about the sweet spirit and commitment these guys are to this project. Each ramp is made to fit the need of the recipient with lots of love and concern that every detail is considered. Thanks guys. You really made a difference for our family."
Thank You for Joining us on Fort Bend Ramps!
(“When you learn, teach. When you get, give.” - Maya Angelou)
Thank you for visiting Fort Bend Ramps. There is plenty to see and do. We have links to various agencies that can supply help in different ways as well as links to some of our past projects. There is also a calendar of events we have scheduled in the coming month. That gives you an excellent opportunity to sign up for one of these projects. Its a lot of fun, lots of fellowship and the joy of helping someone in our community.
Did you know?
There are many ways you can reach out to help the community. We have listed below only a few. We encourage you to reach out to anyof the volunteer communities to lend a hand.
- Get involved as a volunteer. - There are lots of volunteering opportunities out there. Look for things that appeal to you.
- Tidy up. - Small things like litter picking and gardening can help to make your local area a nicer place to live for everyone.
- Help your neighbours. - Community starts with everyone around you. Many people suffer financial, physical or psychological problems in silence.
- Donate things - Helping the community doesn’t have to mean donating time or money, charities can benefit from your unwanted possessions.
- Donate money - If you can spare some money local charities are always in need. When you give, make sure your money goes to a worthy cause.
Know of someone in the community in need of a ramp?
If you know of someone in need, please use this Ramp Application link to fill out a Request for Ramp form. Once we receive the referral, our crack staff will start working on it. Although we can not guarantee that every referral we get will result in a ramp will be built, we try to help as many im the community as we can.
7 Benefits of Helping Others
- Helping others can help you live longer.
- Altruismis contagous.
- Helping others makes us happy.
- Helping others may hyelp with chronic pain.
- Helping others lowers blood pressure.
- Helping others promotes proper behavior in teens.
- Helping others gives us a since of purpose and satisfaction.
Fort Bend Ramps also partners up with other community minded organizations. We can join our forces to bring benefits to the surrounding community. Watch the video below to see this organization in action. You may even see a ramp building event where we parnered with the Youth-In-Philanthropy program.